Food and Potluck Rules
For potlucks, we allow people to bring in food from home. Here are the rules:
- All potlucks are dairy only.
- Vegetarian food is OK.
- Dairy food is OK. This includes milk, cheese, and eggs.
- No meat.
- No poultry.
- No shellfish. This includes squid.
- Most fish are OK, but no eel or sturgeon.
Our kiddush lunches and our potlucks are known throughout Greater Temple Beth Israel-land as the best in town. Come join us!
Key to bringing potluck food to Family Friday and other family and education activities, according to kid’s last name. (Or your last name, if no kids handy.)
- A to H: Side-dishes and salads
- I to L: Desserts or drinks
- M to Z: Dairy entrée – pasta, casserole, etc.
- or bring money for the emergency pizza fund
Have a simcha to celebrate or someone to honor? Consider sponsoring a kiddush lunch and the Cooks in the Kitchen will go all out.
Quick history of the Jews as quoted by Ken:
- They tried to kill us
- They failed
- Let’s eat