In offering a Bar/Bat Mitzvah program at Temple Beth Israel, we hope and strive to:
- Create and sustain a positive, soul-felt connection between each child and his/her Jewish legacy
- Teach and encourage the use of Hebrew in prayer and blessings when in the synagogue and at home
- Involve, educate and encourage the entire family to experience the Bar/Bat Mitzvah as a time of delight and growth for all
- Emphasize understanding and meaning over rote performance
- Lay the foundation for an active involvement in our synagogue and wider Jewish life for many years after the Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Understand and respect the unique needs of each child and family and lovingly adjust our expectations as needed
Who Is Eligible to Celebrate?
The children of the members of Temple Beth Israel are eligible to study for and celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah at Temple Beth Israel. TBI will accept children with one Jewish parent as eligible for b'nei mitzvah.
The child’s family must be a member of Temple Beth Israel for at least one year prior to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah date.
Children must be enrolled and maintain good attendance in the Torah School during their participation in the TBI B'nai Mitzvot program.
- Temple members whose child(ren) are enrolled in the TBI sponsored B’nai Mitzvah preparation program shall pay a fee of $1,200 to the Temple (for Saturday morning service). The fee shall be paid in two installments as follows:
- $500 to secure the date and to begin program
- $700 no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled Bar/Bat Mitzvah date
Are you interested in an Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah? Please contact email@example.com