Some of our Favorite Things about TBI Torah School
Parents, faculty, and students share some of their "highlights" of the Torah School experience:
- learning all of the letters of the alef-bet!
- seeing my friends each week!
- Chocolate hallah!
- Learning about the Ethiopian Jews and tasting Ethiopian food!
- Learning how to talk in Hebrew!
- Coming on Shabbat with all the other children
- Hearing the children harmonize the morning blessings and prayers
- Seeing the students huddled in learning on the bimah
- Bringing a grump 10-year old in the morning and picking up a bubbly, happy 10-year old 2/5 hours later, every time
- Hearing the students greet each other with Shabbat shalom, Boker tov, and other Hebrew expressions
- Learning a lot as a parent volunteer, going in and out of the classrooms
- Seeing our children enjoying learning and growing with their siblings
- Realizing how much our kids are learning about being Jewish--folktales, values, stories, customs, blessings, Hebrew
- Seeing how the older students are becoming role models of the younger students
- Working with the teaching assistants
- Seeing how happy the teachers are to share their love of Jewish life --they're really passionate and it brings a lot of joy
being part of a community that cares about everyone and is growing